Monday, November 29, 2010

No More Cold Ears!

I finished my very first knitted hat.  I'm so excited!  What's even more exciting is that I wrote the pattern for it.  Aaaaand...As it just so happens, it was my first time trying that too! 


It's so COMFY!
 
 I will admit, I took a lot of help from this excellent 3-part blog post by cosymakes in order to get the measurements correct, but my hat fits perfectly. I couldn't be happier.  Definitely check out the cosymakes' posts if you want to make your own hats, because she does a great job explaining how to break down the measurements, and it is by far the best tutorial I found on how to do so.

Now I just need some gloves to round out my new winter set!


The scarf in matching yarn

Want the pattern?  It's in my Ravelry projects, found here.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You know, my winter coat is blue... Just sayin...